Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Texas 2011

While Rob is in India, Cooper and I flew to Houston to visit the Mosher families. It was a much needed break and we had a great time! We took all 7 kids to the Houston Zoo on Friday and the weather was amazing, you can't beat 70 degree weather considering when we left it was around 10 degrees. The zoo was really great, if you are even in Houston, I recommend checking it out. The kids all really enjoyed the elephants, especially the two babies. They were so cute!



Cooper had so much fun playing with all the kids, playing a Wii for the first time and being able to play outside without wearing a jacket. Well at least for the beginning of our trip. Towards the end of our trip the weather did change and it did get colder.



Every time I am in Houston we go to Kemah to eat at Joe's Crab Shack, walk along the boardwalk and check out the aquarium. Since the last time I was there they expanded the aquarium and added a sting ray exhibit where you can feed them. I have to admit I was a little leery to feed them but it was pretty amazing. You take a piece of raw shrimp and hold it in the water and they come right up and take it out of your hand. One thing we learned really quickly is they get excited when the come to grab the shrimp and splash you.

It was a great trip and as always hard to come home. I am so lucky to have such amazing family down there. When ever I go down there it's like no time has passed and we pickup right where we left off.

No comments: